Corporate Social Responsibility
Our commitment to social responsibility
Our drive to cultivate sustainable business practices is rooted in our vision to create what matters. As a creative agency, we’re committed to developing and investing in our methods, creative products and operations for the sake of people and our planet. Every day, we harness our creative community’s power to fuel the social change we want to see in the world today and tomorrow.
Goals for a sustainable future
We took a close look at the Agenda for Sustainable Development, the United Nations detailed plan of action for people, the planet and prosperity. Out if its 17 Goals, we identified eight which we believe our creative community has the social responsibility to uphold, and the strongest potential to impact. Here are these eight goals and some of the initiatives and partnerships we’ve engaged in as we work towards sustainability.
1. Peace, justice and strong institutions
Promote peaceful and inclusive societies. Cultivate mutual respect and kindness. Protest against war and violence.
2. Quality education
Ensure and promote inclusive lifelong learning opportunities for all. Celebrate female kinship, strength and success.
3. Gender equality
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. Foster and advocate for female entrepreneurship.
4. Good health and well-being
Promote well-being for all at all ages. Embrace different abilities. Encourage artistic expression for everyone.
5. Sustainable cities and communities
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. Champion and partner with marginalized communities.
6. Zero hunger and sustainable agriculture
Promote sustainable and organic agriculture. Support local businesses and establish lasting relationships with responsible suppliers.
7. Decent work and economic growth
Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and work for all. Dismantle cultural barriers.
8. Life on land
Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems. Halt and reverse land degradation and biodiversity loss.
Our workplace Initiatives
• Facilitated access to alternative transport
• Local and responsible suppliers
• Fair-trade products
• Eco-friendly appliances
• Earth Day initiatives
• Pro bono and charity work
• Support for non-profit organisations
• Free eco-friendly menstrual products
• Carbon offsetting
• Meatless days at our bistro
Some of our pro bono projects
Since July 2017 Maarten has his own foundation, the Maarten van der Weijden Foundation. With his foundation Maarten hopes to improve the lives of former, current and future cancer patients. Every euro donated goes directly, for the full 100%, so without deduction of costs, to cancer research. The organization costs of the foundation are paid from sponsorship money.
You can recover from cancer if the right treatment is available. After that it is mainly a matter of luck. As the Maarten van der Weijden Foundation, we try to give more people a chance at this happiness by funding scientific research. We adhere to the following core values:
• In all its activities and decisions, the foundation always keeps the interests of the cancer patient in mind.
• The organization guarantees that the proceeds of the sponsorship money raised by the participants will fully accrue to the stated purpose of the foundation, without deduction of expenses.
• No director, sponsor, participant or volunteer acquires any material benefit from the foundation and they always strive to deal with it intrinsically.
• The foundation remains independent and does not commit itself permanently to third parties. This also means, for example, that the foundation does not grant exclusivity to a sponsor or participant. When choosing the goals to be supported, we want to explicitly and intensively involve the various associations of cancer patients.
More initiatives we care about
We endorse progressive and humanist values. To truly break boundaries in the creative services world, it’s imperative that our work environments be free of them too. Everyone must feel included and respected. Everyone must have an equal opportunity to thrive. Our team is committed to making GivingBrandsEnergy a better place — one that is more inclusive, more equitable and more diverse in terms of our leadership, communications, recruitment tools and work environment.
We’re always looking for new ways to make the best impact on the causes we hold dear. Feel free to reach out to us with your ideas for partnerships, collaborations or initiatives.